By now I'm sure you've discovered all the glories of the Magic Eraser. If yes, amazing, here are a few things to know. If not yet, it's time to get to know the magic. Here's why.
As you can see, The Magic Eraser renders some amazing results. Ha ha, yep, I wish I could use it on some of the bad choices I've made in life! I'm probably not the only one.
Anyway, the product by good old Mr. Clean is available in most stores, Target, Walmart, Home Depot, everyday grocery stores, etc.
Many of these places offer a generic alternative to the Mr. Clean product, but we've found that the knock-offs are flimsier, fall apart quicker, and aren't worth the meager savings, especially for tougher jobs.
We buy the "Extra Power" version and you can get them in a 7-Pack for around $6 bucks -- less than a dollar per. Worth every penny!
Here are the basic features:
The only drawback we've found is that these little babies can be addicting. I mean, once you start in one area, of say, your kitchen, you might not be able to stop, and you'll be magic erasing with Lionel Ritchie -- all night long. All night. All night long. Okay, sorry.
But of course, if that's not YOUR thing :) it'll always be ours, and you can always call Maid Special For You to come take care of all your cleaning needs, on the regular! Call today :)
You just dusted last week and yet there’s already a visible film of dust perched on that shelf, glistening as the sun beams in. Makes me want to sneeze just writing this. So why so soon after dusting? Is there anything we can do to reduce the amount of dust in your home or office?
Well first it might be good to know where dust comes from. Scientists in Arizona recently did a study on this and they found that most indoor dust comes from outdoors. In the study, David Layton and Paloma Beamer found that dust consists of a mix of dead skin shed by people, fibers from carpet and furniture, and tracked-in soil and airborne particles blown in from outdoors. You can read more about the science of dust here.
So what can we do about it? Is there a way to prevent dust, or at least slow it down? Yes. Here are 7 things you can do.
1. Reduce your knickknacks. The first idea here is that it’s easier to manage dust from the outset. A more minimalist living space is much easier to deal with when it comes to dust. I know. It’s hard for some to lose these little tokens of whatever. But these kitschy little mementos of mayhem are notorious for giving dust a place to gather.
2. Use allergen reducing covers. Those allergies of yours may not only be from changing seasons outside. Mites are mighty legendary for stuffing that nose of yours. Consider encasing your pillows (and maybe even your mattresses) in zippered, allergen-reducing covers. Wash them in hot water every several months.
3. Upgrade your doormats, and actually use them. Since most dust comes from outside and is dragged in, rid dust from its primary source. Invest in some industrial strength welcome mats with rubber backing at every door leading into your home.
4. Use air purifiers. These really can limit dust before it settles. You can place these strategically in your most used living spaces for maximum benefit for indoor air quality.
5. Control the humidity in your home. The best percentage for humidity is in the 45% range. This reduces static, which tends to attract dust particles.
6. Upgrade your HVAC filters. Cheap filters aren’t effective in dust prevention. Spend a little extra and get filters, and when choosing them, look for a better “MERV” rating.
7. Lose the curtains. Hard surface blinds attract less dust and they’re easier to clean. If you simply love those curtains though, the best way to de-dust is to start high and work your way down. Try using the want attachment on your vacuum with the brush end and a low suction setting.
Hope this helps! Dust is an inevitable part of life and while there isn't away to completely rid ourselves of it, we can manage it and keep a much nicer living experience in the home or office.
Happy Holidays from Maid Special For You! We love our customers and really work hard to make everything "Special For You." :)
We believe that continued business with our customers is something that has to be earned every time we come to clean. It's kind of like football -- you're only as good as your last game!
So we work tirelessly to have a tangible effect on your life. See, for us, it isn't about merely removing dirt; it's about making your life easier, happier, and more enjoyable. It matters to us. That's one reason why our philosophy is seeing home and office cleaning as "artwork."
Our pledge to you is ensure a job well done. So if we've ever missed anything, feel free to give us an opportunity to make it right. You can call us or fill out any of the contact forms on this website.
Aesthetics matter. Home and office cleaning isn't just utilitarian. It's about ambiance. It's about aroma. It's about HOME. Please feel free to tell a friend or family member about our services! We're always looking to make more customers happy with affordability and excellence and that special attention to details.
Feel free to stay in touch by phone or through any contact form on this website!
Oh, and please review us on Google+!
Have a great weekend!
Don’t know what to get that particular person on your holiday list?
The mother who just had a baby...
The friend who just had surgery...
Give the gift of clean! It'll be like giving them more hours in their day and a clean and peaceful environment. Now that’s something everyone would enjoy!
Contact us and we will give you a lovely gift certificate to present to them. You both can relax. We’ll do the rest.
This article says overwhelmingly that people trust “word of mouth” more than any other form of advertising.
A whopping 92%! Referrals are the best compliment you can give any company.
If you are pleased with us, please refer a friend and if we are able to serve them, let us thank you by doing something extra for you. Choose between a refrigerator clean or an oven clean — on us!
Along with fall and winter come colds and flus. Some experts say flu season lasts from October until May, and it is important to keep your home clean and as germ free as possible.
One of our customers recently said, “The kid’s may make a mess after you’ve been here, but at least the germ count is lower.” Let us help get your home in tip top shape. Someone already under the weather?
Let us come in a disinfect before it travels through every member in your house.
Here are some tips for staying healthy:
Make entertaining easy! You plan the party and we’ll get the house ready for company.
You focus on the punch bowl, and we’ll focus on the toilet bowl. You plan the drinks and we’ll clean the sinks. We can even do post-party clean up.
If you are worried you may forget something crucial, here is a checklist from Real Simple magazine, they’ve covered just about everything.
Moving is a very stressful time, and for some people it’s right up there with death, divorce, or changing careers!
If you’re planning a move let us help! We clean apartments, condos and houses before you move in and after you move out. We get calls from tenants wanting to get their security deposit back from rental agents, landlords who want their rental property to be in tip-top shape for the next tenants, and homeowners who want to get top dollar when they sell.
If you’re moving sometime soon, here is a checklist from Real Simple magazine to keep you sane. Let us do the cleaning; you have enough to worry about. We even can help with packing and unpacking.
Back to school, means back to routines. We can keep your home running smoothly by coming routinely. Most people confess that they straighten up when they know we are coming. Many clients say their houses stay neater and cleaner just because we come on a regular basis — they clean for the cleaning ladies!
Anything we can do to help :-) Clients have even said, “Don’t come today! My house is a mess!” We say that’s what we are here for, let us help you — all the more reason we should come.
Maid Special For You - Home and Office Cleaning
LOCATED IN COLUMBIA, Maryland
What Our Clients Are Saying
Copyright © 2018 Maid Special For You. All rights reserved.
Website by Allure22.com
Website by Allure22.com